"While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about."

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is Dad's birthday. I really can't remember what we did last year, but I'm sure it had something to grilling out and strawberries over short cake. :) I miss him. I miss him the most when I'm outside and the sun is shining. These are some of dad's favorite things, I'll put them here to be able to read whenever we want. 1) Sunshine 2) Rain (funny, I know!) 3) Gardening in the rain 4) Freshly mowed grass 5) Cucumbers and anything else "from the garden" 6) The "no shirt in warm weather" rule 7) Moving boulders around for the thrill of it 8) Grandbabies and berries 9) Hunting like an Indian 10) Camp fires with beer 11) Any good meal 12) A hard days work 13) His truck and the fact that it could potentially climb Mount Everest if need be 14) Josie and a stick 15) Front porch and coffee 16) Being uncomfortable while watching tv in the garage 17) "yelling" at mom 18)picking on Curt 19) slicked hair 20) his cell phone 21) his camera 22) Birds at the bird feeder 23) Anything God made.

4 comments:

  1. good list cole. last year we toured East End Brewery and ate at the Hoffbrau house. dad loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH that's right! I totally forgot, he did love that. Good show Nordo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tim! I liked your list :) and I laughed at #7. Nathan and I were driving the other day and he spotted a big "boulder" in the middle of a field and said, "Timmy would like that rock. Probably try to push it all the way home." Your dad makes us smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Cole! He was probably sooo happy it was a party night at the bow club on his Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete