"While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about."

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My One Year Old

My little Jackson is such a big kid. Well, he's only one and a few weeks, but to me he seems like such a big kid already. He has successfully learned how to count to three! Sometimes it takes a little coxing because I think he enjoys watching mommmy and daddy get excited about him knowing what we're doing! But just yesterday, we were watching Elmo's World and Elmo was counting something, what I don't remember, but Jackson started counting along with him! Doing his cute little one, two (which is his favorite to say), and finally three that sounds more like tree. It was the cutest thing I have ever heard and experienced. I'm not even sure he knew what he was "counting" but he just knew what Elmo was saying and wanted to follow along! I wish I would've had my video camera to capture his sweet little voice. And we can say Elmo, but it seems Elmo means a lot of things, like Elmo is also used for Mickey Mouse and for any other character on the TV. I love it.
Jackson can also tell you what a cow says and what a dog may say if you asked it to. Obvious ones like Mamma, Dadda, but we're also trying Mailey when we walk in the basement door, but I think the best part is to just hear him try to say things. I always tell him, "look at mommy" and over pronounce the word so he can see how to move his mouth. He tries to do it as best as he can- it's pretty funny to watch.
So, on a side note, being a mom is the coolest thing I've ever done.

1 comment:

  1. Aw he's precious. He could teach Ikey a thing or two about talkin! I'm glad you love being mom- you're pretty stinkin good at it! :)

    ReplyDelete