"While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about."

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010

My son Jackson celebrated his 1st birthday on Saturday. His actual birthdate is the 8th, but we had the party on the 10th so that a lot of family and friends could join in the celebration. It was a really awesome, fun, emotional, and crazy day. I can't believe my baby is one year old, it honestly feels like a week ago that we were bringing him home from the hospital. As you have heard since you were younger and as you will hear for the rest of your life, "time flies". And since 2010 hasn't been the most pleasing to me and my family thus far, we need to be thankful for each and every day that we are blessed with. Because unfortunatly, today could be your last day here to enjoy it.
Obivousily I have been thinking a lot about heaven and what my dad's doing up there right now, but I'm having a hard time picturing a place that could give more joy than what a day with loved ones does. Don't get me wrong, my husband and I fight more than we'd probably like to admit to, and I'm not always the most easy going person when it comes to almost everything, but I still like to think we can say we had a blessed day even if it had some rough points throughout. Will we know eachother when we get to heaven? Do we need to know who eachother is or will we be satisfied with others just being present? Will the things you loved so much in your earthly life even matter in heaven? I have never really had the chance nor I guess the desire to just dwell in what my future life entails, but I can't help but get upset thinking about the fact that I may be walking around in heaven and stumbling into dad's freshly manacured garden and not even know it's his...
But right now, my married life has been everything but easy. I know relationships take work, but when you love someone so much, you wonder why the relationship part just wouldn't come so naturally. There is a reason that God made us all different, but sometimes I think life would be a lot easier and less stressful if we all were more alike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment